Tuesday, January 15, 2008

London 01/02/08 4lbs. 8 oz. 18 inches

One week old and getting ready to go home!!


Up in the NICU getting checked out





London being taken to the NICU




The pictures are not in order... sorry!



our first family picture...





London is home!!







London and Ginger






This is her in my hospital room I think she was a day old. They let her stay with me while I was there


















Nixon giving her kisses











Here is our little girl!! Finally... well sorta! After a week long stay in the hospital trying to keep her in I spiked a really high fever on New years and had to be packed down with ice twice! I got a really bad infection and then it caused me to become septic (that means the infection spreads to your blood stream) which is really bad!! So that caused my heart rate to rise and I couldn’t get the turb shots and they gave me more mag but it didn’t help! I was shaking really bad from the fever and the ice it really made my contractions worse. The only thing that helped the fever was Tylenol but I was only allowed to have it every 6 hours and it wore off at 3 hours! Totally sucked!! I have never been so sick or scared! So finally at about 10 pm I got checked and had dilated to a 4 and was about 90% effaced… So I was moved to Labor and Delivery. The doctor on call decided that I should just labor since London was 5 weeks early! They put me on general antibiotics because they didn’t know yet why I had a fever and then I sat on a cooling blanket all night waiting to have her! Finally in the morning I got a new nurse and my doctor was there so things started moving pretty fast. In the night my contractions slowed down and picked up right when the new nurse got there! So then I was at a 6-7 when the my doctor checked me. Then I wanted an epidural by the time that happened I really was in a lot of pain! Right after I got it my doctor walked in and broke my water! Not even 20 minutes later I had her and it really hurt the whole time! The epidural barely took the edge off! I was saying things like “ I think she is coming out!” Before my legs were even in the stirrups! I only pushed once and she was out! She was taken to the NICU a few minutes after she was born. I did get to hold her before she went. They wanted to make sure she didn’t get any of my infections! We were really lucky that she didn’t! She stayed in the NICU the first night and then in my hospital room the next. She ended up staying in the hospital for a week… just need to gain back some weight! I had to be on IV antibiotics for a week at home!! She has been doing really well!! I hope it stays that way! Scott and Nixon have been really sick the past week and I don’t want her to get it! I will have more ridiculously long updates soon!






























4 comments:

Porter and Karla said...

congrats!!! i've been checking daily waiting for these pictures and they are great! she is so cute and looks very healthy, she doesnt look four pounds but im sure in person she is just a tiny girl. congrats again guys!

Meggs said...

Jules I am so excited for you!! I'm glad she is healthy. I'm just jealous that you have your perfect baby and I'm still fat and prego hopefully in the next two days my little boy will be here. I can't wait to see more pics. of her. Congrats!!

Terin said...

Julie! COngratulations! You and your family are so beautiful. I am so glad to see you doing so well. Good luck with everything!

Jen&Joe said...

she is so adorable.. post more