Sunday, December 30, 2007
in the hospital
I was hospitalized on Christmas Eve for pre term labor... so I missed Christmas!! The doctors were able to stop/slow down my contractions with magnesium. On Thursday I went off the mag and had my IV out and was put on turb (pills) but in the night I started having too many contractions so they gave me shots of the turb every hour... Turb shots burn like crazy!! Around six in the morning they put me back on mag. I am 34 weeks now and will be 35 on Tuesday so my doctor is going to take me off the mag and put me on the turb on Tuesday. If I don't go into labor they will send me home Wednesday on the turb. I am already dilated to a 3 and almost fully effaced so they will just let me have her after 35 weeks but I’m hoping I won’t. I really don’t want another baby in the NICU! They also gave me some shots of steroids to help London’s lungs develop so hopefully she won’t need any breathing tubes. I am really hopeful that everything will be okay and that I will be able to keep her in closer to her due date. I’ve been having about 5-6 contractions an hour today and if I go over 6 they give me a shot. I had to get one last night… I don’t want another! I’ll keep everyone updated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
oh wow! i hope you can keep her in there too! good luck with everything, i'll definatly keep you and London in my prayers. cute name for her by the way.
KEEP HER IN! I know you can't help it, but good luck. Love you guys!
i heard you had your baby, congrats. 4 lbs 8oz if i remember right. how sweet. hope she continues to do well and you can take her home soon.
Post a Comment