Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Eden 5/15/10 5lb 13oz 19 inches


Our first family photo... a bit of a struggle!
Eden and I getting ready to leave the hospital


Dr Linnerson best doctor ever!


She’s here at last! It’s taken me nearly two weeks to post but Eden arrived May 15th at 8 pm. I had multiple false alarms where I almost left for the hospital but then the contractions would just slow way down. I was having contractions all night and finally at 8 am I decided it was time to go to the hospital. As soon as we left and were about to drop off the kids it happened again and my contractions had slowed way down. We went back home. Finally around eleven my contractions were 3-5 minutes apart so we left for the hospital again. When I got there I was to a 4-5 it wasn’t a false alarm!! I got taken back to labor and delivery around 1 and then just waited around for a while. Dr. Linnerson came in and broke my water about 5:30 and then I kept waiting. I hadn’t progressed much so they gave me pitocin… Sometime after seven the nurse, Annette checked and I was only at a 5-6 so we figured we had a while so Scott and I were going to try to sleep. Well, a few minutes later I started feeling pressure and Annette checked again and I was a 10. Annette was amazing I had this witchy nurse all day and then finally it was shift change at 6 and I got her! I was so happy to have such a good nurse! It was really lucky I had an epidural because I had to wait about 15 minutes for my doctor. We had called everyone while we were waiting for the doctor and about 30 minutes after I had her Scott’s mom and most of my family were there to see her. While everyone was there she turned blue and we had to call the nurse it was scary but she was fine all her vitals were normal and she pinked back up. She is the best baby! I love everything about her and I love the newborn stage this time. I haven’t had a “normal” experience with Nixon and London since they were premies and stayed in the hospital for a week each. I was so happy to be able to take her home with me and not have to go visit my baby in the hospital. Scott and I are both so happy to have her here! Nixon and London adore her! All day long all they say is “ hi baby Eden” and they make silly noises and want to hold her all the time. I will have to get some more pictures from Wendy I don't have very many on my camera

2 comments:

Fashion Geeks said...

She's a cutie. Is that Dr. Beck in the picture?...lol

Chelsea said...

So excited to meet your new darling little girl at the fam bam reunion! :D